This afternoon, Xiaomi Vice President Chang Cheng revealed on Weibo that the charging rate of Xiaomi Wireless Charging has evolved in the 10W / 20W / 30W mode in recent years. Also, he witnessed Xiaomi’s new wireless charging technology today. Cheng Weibo has announced that Xiaomi’s new wireless flash charging technology has reached 40W input power. This is an absolute record.
Also Read: Xiaomi 40W Super Wireless Fast Charging Technology Has Entered The Testing Stage
Xiaomi Labs uses a ‘Magic Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro’ phone with a 4000mAh battery and an exclusive 40W wireless + MI-FC flash charging technology. It can achieve 57% power in 20 minutes (2280mAh). At the same time, the phone will be charged to 100% in 40 minutes. And it indicates that high-speed charging does not generate heat. In the test, Xiaomi also used a Xiaomi vertical air-cooled wireless charger that supports 40W wireless flash charging.
Xiaomi previously released the latest Xiaomi Mi 10 and Xiaomi 10 Pro new phones. Among them, the Xiaomi Mi 10 smartphone comes with a 4780mAh custom strip-shaped fast charge battery. The latter supports 30W wired fast flash charging + 30W wireless fast flash charging + 10W wireless reverse charging. In its turn, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro smartphone sports a 4500mAh strip battery. It uses a faster 50W fast flash charging technology. Due to it, the phone can be charged to 100% in 45 minutes. It also supports a 30W wireless fast flash charging.
From the official demonstration, the technology uses a high-voltage solution. The charging voltage reaches 18V.
Charging development timeline of Mi 1 to Mi 10
- Xiaomi Mi 1 – 5W charging – 2011;
- Xiaomi Mi 2 – 5W charging – 2012;
- Xiaomi Mi 3 – 10W charging – 2013;
- Xiaomi Mi 4 – 12W charging – 2014;
- Xiaomi Mi 5 – 18W charging – 2015;
- Xiaomi Mi 6 – 18W charging – 2017;
- Xiaomi Mi 8 – 18W charging – 2018;
- Xiaomi Mi 9 – 27W charging, 20W wireless charging – 2019;
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro – 40W charging / 30W wireless charging / 10W wireless reverse charging;
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro – 50W charging / 30W wireless charging / 10W wireless reverse charging.