Today, Apple launched the headset AirPods Max. The main functions include high-fidelity audio, adaptive equalizer, active noise reduction and spatial audio. The price is 4399 yuan ($674). The order will be opened today, and the shipment will start on December 15.
Apple claims that this innovative wireless headset brings the wonderful experience of AirPods to an over-ear design with high-fidelity sound. The AirPods Max combines custom acoustic design, H1 chip and advanced software to support computational audio. It brings a breakthrough listening experience through adaptive equalization, active noise reduction, transparent mode and spatial audio. The AirPods Max has five beautiful colors: space gray, silver, sky blue, green and pink.
“AirPods are popular all over the world because of their easy settings, excellent sound quality and iconic design. With AirPods Max, we bring the wonderful experience of AirPods to the exquisite over-ear design, and bring Amazing high-fidelity sound quality.” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of global marketing. “AirPods Max uses a custom acoustic design, combined with a powerful H1 chip and advanced software. So, it uses computational audio to bring the wireless personal listening experience to a new level.”
According to Apple, every part of AirPods Max has been carefully designed from the dome to the ear pads. The breathable woven dome tightly tightened on the headband can distribute weight and reduce head pressure. The stainless steel headband frame brings toughness, flexibility and comfort to various head shapes. The telescopic sleeve rod can be smoothly extended and fixed in a suitable position to maintain an ideal fit.
The interface between the headband and the earmuffs adopts a breakthrough design structure. It can balance and disperse the pressure of the earmuffs. This design also allows the two earmuffs to rotate independently to fit the user’s head shape. Each ear pad uses memory foam designed with acoustic engineering to bring excellent fit. It is a prerequisite for immersive sound. The design of the digital knob is inspired by the Apple Watch. It can precisely adjust the volume, control playback, skip tracks, answer or hang up calls, and wake up Siri.
The AirPods Max uses a 40mm moving coil driver designed by Apple to provide rich and deep bass, accurate midrange and crisp and clean high-frequency extension. The unique dual-ring neodymium magnet motor allows AirPods Max to maintain the total harmonic distortion of the audible range at less than 1% even at the maximum volume. Each ear pad has an Apple-designed H1 chip. With the support of custom acoustic design and advanced software, AirPods Max provides a high-quality listening experience by calculating audio. Moreover, the H1 chip has 10 audio cores. It can perform 9 billion operations per second, enabling computational audio. It is to achieve breakthrough listening experiences such as adaptive equalization, active noise reduction, transparent mode, and spatial audio.
- Adaptive equalization: AirPods Max uses adaptive equalization to monitor the sound signal received by the user to adjust the low and medium frequencies in real time. It also adjusts the sound with the fit and sealing degree of the ear pads, capture every detail, and bring a rich audio experience.
- Active noise reduction: AirPods Max brings immersive sound effects through active noise reduction, allowing users to focus on what they are listening to. Each earmuff has three outward-facing microphones to detect environmental noise. There is also a microphone in the earmuff to monitor the sound reaching the listener’s ears. By calculating the audio, the noise reduction function can continuously adapt to the wearing and movement of the headset in real time.
- Transparent mode: Users can switch AirPods Max to transparent mode to hear the surrounding environment while listening to music. It ensures that while playing audio, other sounds sound very natural, including the user’s own voice. Tap the noise control button to switch between active noise reduction and transparent mode.
- Spatial audio: AirPods Max has a spatial audio function. Through dynamic head tracking, the sound field is arranged in the entire virtual space. It brings a theater-like immersive experience to 5.1, 7.1 and Dolby Atmos content. Spatial audio uses the gyroscope and acceleration sensor in AirPods Max and iPhone or iPad to track the movement of the user’s head and device. It compares the movement data, and then remaps the sound field. Even if the user moves the head, the sound field still comes from the user device.
The AirPods Max also has the favorite setting experience of AirPods and AirPods Pro users. With just one click, it can automatically pair with all devices logged in to the user’s iCloud. It includes iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Apple Watch.
The AirPods Max can automatically recognize whether the user is wearing headphones through optical sensors and wearing position sensors. When you put on the headphones, AirPods Max will automatically play the audio. When you take off the headphones or raise an earmuff, it will automatically pause playback. Beamforming can filter environmental noise and highlight the user’s voice, making AirPods Max voice calls and Siri commands clear.
In addition, the AirPods Max enables active noise reduction and spatial audio to provide up to 20 hours of high-fidelity audio playback, talk time or video playback. It supports fast charging. So you can use it for 1.5 hours after charging with the Lightning interface for 5 minutes. The AirPods Max has a soft and slender smart earphone cover to maintain ultra-low power consumption and save power when not in use.
AirPods Max Additional features
- Automatic switching enables users to seamlessly switch audio between iPhone, iPad and Mac. For example, when a user plays music on a Mac and needs to answer a call on an iPhone, AirPods Max will automatically switch.
- Audio sharing allows two AirPods to share the same audio on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Just bring AirPods Max close to the device and click to connect.
- Siri functions include calling Siri to play music, make calls, and control volume. Siri can also read the received information aloud through the information broadcast function.
In addition, you can order the AirPods Max through apple.com.cn, Apple Store app and Apple Stores in 25 countries and regions, including China. It will be officially launched on December 15.