The 1.1.3 firmware has now released for the Redmi router AX6 on the official website, bringing a major upgrade of the Mesh function.
Redmi router AX6 firmware update content:
- The Mesh function got new update to support hybrid networking with AX6000 and AX3600. The roaming experience is better.
- Support Mesh networking in AP mode. The maximum number of access devices in the entire Mesh network has increased from 4 to 10.
- Optimize the experience when 2.4G is used in conjunction with some IoT devices.
- The localized installation function of Tencent game acceleration plug-in is added to the web background.
- New DHCP server default gateway and other functions are added to the web background, which supports personalized configuration.
- IPv6 native mode removes firewall restrictions by default.
- Fix other known issues.
In addition, the official said that the Xiaomi router AX1800 and Redmi router AX5 will also successively launch new and upgraded new firmware for Mesh. On the other hand, we expect that the OTA upgrade will be unified before the end of March.
The Redmi released the AX6 router last year, using Qualcomm 6-core enterprise-level chips, 4-core 1.4GHz A53 chips. It also supports dual-core NPU 1.7GHz hardware-level acceleration, using 14nm process technology. At the same time, it comes with the support of the WiFi 6, 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-frequency. The maximum concurrent wireless rate is 2976Mbps. The latter is 2.55 times the wireless rate of mainstream AC1200 routers. It also features a full Gigabit Ethernet port. It supports 2×2 160MHz and 4×4 80MHz MU-MIMO modes. You don’t need any manual selection. The signal strength and the coverage are increased coresspondingly by 3dB by 30%. The router supports OFDMA efficient transmission, multi-device access to the Internet. So, it allows the router to complete the data transmission of 8 devices in one transmission. Finally, the network delay is reduced by 36%.