Today, the Redmi K30 Pro began getting the MIUI 12.2.1 stable version internal beta update. The new system is deeply customized based on Android 11 and updated with the October 2020 Google security patch.
It is worth mentioning that this update is an Android cross-version upgrade. To reduce the risk of the upgrade, they recommend to back up personal data in advance. At the same time, some third-party applications do not have their own version adaptations. So, it may affect normal use.
We learned that the Redmi K30 Pro was officially released in March this year. The whole series comes standard with a 60Hz Samsung AMOLED screen, also featuring a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, a 3435mm² area VC heat sink, and a linear motor. In addition, it retains the headphone jack and supports infrared remote control.
Anyways, let’s get acquainted with the major changes this update brings.
- Newly added floating function panel, support quick collapse and expansion. Rich viewing functions in portrait mode, best reading experience in landscape mode
- Newly added document/form/PDF one-click [PDF import] function
- Added document/form/PDF [Screencasting] function
- Added PPT/PDF [Thumbnail] function, faster to jump to pages
- rotating screen prompt switching function
- Optimized version APK size and runtime storage space
- Release of stable version of MIUI based on Android 11 deep customization
- Update Google security patch (2020#10) to improve system security
- Added AI watermarks, 3 location watermarks, and latitude and longitude watermarks
- Added VLOG mode and also two templates: “Story” and “Rhythm”
- VLOG mode to support the draft box function, you can save the current shooting progress to the draft box
- 4 video filters: Black Gold, Cyberpunk, Black Ice, and Green Orange
- The newly added exposure function supports long-exposure shooting in 6 scenes: shuttle crowd, neon night, moving clouds and flowing water, creative light painting, bright starry sky, and romantic star trail
- Added time-lapse photography shooting duration control and also speed adjustment functions
- Added timer continuous shooting function. It supports the camera to automatically shoot after setting the number of shooting times and time intervals.
- Optimized recording mode 8K video function entrance integrated into the top menu bar
- Optimize the VLOG mode and upgrade to the cloud download runtime and template resources. Further, the new VLOG template will be pushed through the cloud in the future.