Xiaomi has been a major player in the smartphone market for several years now. It reached such heights in a very short period of time. The Chinese manufacturer is known for the ultimately good quality/price ratio of its smartphones in general. However, Xiaomi has often been criticized about its latest MIUI. The new MIUI comes with several useful and smart features. But there are also some annoying features too. The most annoying example is that there are too much bloatware and innumerable ads in almost all apps. Many Xiaomi users complain about the same thing: the presence of MIUI system ads that are almost everywhere. However, the presence of ads is also quite understandable considering Xiaomi phones are aggressively priced. So these ads help the Chinese smartphone manufacturer compensate for the cost of the hardware. However, it also affects the user experience.
If you use a Xiaomi smartphone and are tired of random, annoying MIUI system ads popping up on your phone’s screen every now and then, you are in the right place. This article will explain how to get rid of these unnecessary advertisements.
- How To Disable MIUI System Ads From Settings And The Likes
- How to remove ads from Mi File Manager in MIUI
- How to remove MIUI system ads from MIUI Cleaner
- How To Remove Ads From Mi Video In MIUI
- How To Disable MIUI System Ads From Third-Party Or Downloaded Apps
- How To Remove Ads From MIUI’s Mi Browser, Mi Security, and Mi Music Apps
- Disable Personal Ad Recommendations
- Disable Ads In Downloads
- Disable Ads In Folders
- Disable MIUI System Ads In MIUI Themes
- How To Disable Spam Notifications In MIUI
How To Disable MIUI System Ads From Settings And The Likes
There are ads embedded in system apps like Settings. To manage such ads, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure your Xiaomi phone running MIUI is connected to the Internet. You can’t revoke this permission offline.
- Settings > Additional Settings > Authorization & revocation > and set msa to Off.
Note: If there is no Authorization & revocation option in the settings, go to Passwords and Security> Privacy>Ad Services and disable the option.
- Now, you’ll have to wait for 10 seconds before you can tap Revoke.
- Once you tap that, you will see a message that reads: “Couldn’t revoke authorization”.
- You will see this error at least three to five times before this permission is revoked. Keep trying until you succeed.
- After this, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Ad services Personalized ad recommendations > and set it to Off.
- Similarly, turn off “Online Recommendations” and “Push Notifications” for each app that annoys you, then turn-off the “Wallpaper Carousel” in the “Lock Screen” settings.
(It takes a few tries to revoke authorization for ‘msa’, which lets you disable ads in MIUI )
How to remove ads from Mi File Manager in MIUI
These steps will help you get rid of ads in the Mi File Manager app.
- Open Mi File Manager.
- Tap the icon on the top-left.
- Then tap Settings.
- Tap About
- Tap Recommendations to switch it Off.
If you have any app folders on your Xiaomi smartphone, tap the name of the folder (as you would if you want to rename it) and then disable Promoted apps. This will remove promoted apps that show up in various MIUI folders.
How to remove MIUI system ads from MIUI Cleaner
The MIUI Cleaner app also tends to show ads, which you can remove, if you follow these steps.
- Open MIUI Cleaner.
- Tap the brush icon on the top-right.
- Then tap the gear icon on the top-right.
- Tap Receive recommendations to switch this Off.
How To Remove Ads From Mi Video In MIUI
These steps will help you remove ads from the Mi Video app in MIUI.
- Open Mi Video.
- Tap Account on the bottom-right.
- Tap Settings.
- Set Online recommendations to Off. This will get rid of promotional content.
- Set Push notifications to Off. This will get rid of spammy notifications.
How To Disable MIUI System Ads From Third-Party Or Downloaded Apps
- Go to Settings menu.
- Disable Show recommended content option.
How To Remove Ads From MIUI’s Mi Browser, Mi Security, and Mi Music Apps
You can easily disable MIUI system ads in the Mi Browser, Mi Security, and Mi Music apps in MIUI via the Settings app on your Xiaomi phone. Follow these steps.
- Go to Settings > System app settings > Security > Receive recommendations Off. This will disable ads in Mi Security.
- Now go to Settings > System app settings > Music > Receive recommendations Off. This will disable ads in Mi Music.
- Next up, go to Settings > System app settings > Browser > Privacy & security > Recommended for you > Off. This is one step towards removing ads from Mi Browser.
- To completely remove ads from Mi Browser, go to Settings > System app settings > Browser > Advanced> Set start page > and change this to whichever URL you prefer. This will disable the default start page that has a lot of promotional content.
Disable Personal Ad Recommendations
Disabling personal ad recommendations will ensure Xiaomi not dig into your usage habits and data.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Additional Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Toggle off Personalized ad recommendations.
Disable Ads In Downloads
- Open the Downloads app.
- Tap on the menu button in the top-left corner.
- Select Settings.
- Toggle off Show recommended content.
Disable Ads In Folders
- Tap on the folder you want to disable ads for.
- Tap on the folder name, as if you were going to change the name.
- A Promoted apps section will show up. Toggle it off.
Disable MIUI System Ads In MIUI Themes
- Open the MIUI Themes app.
- Open the Account menu.
- Select Settings.
- Toggle off Recommendations.
How To Disable Spam Notifications In MIUI
Follow these steps to get rid of notifications from various apps in MIUI.
- Go to Settings > Notifications > App notifications.
- Now scroll down to each app that’s sending you spammy notifications and disable these.
Note that this will block all notifications from the app, not just the spammy ones. It’s better to follow the instructions above if you just want to block promotional notifications.
Hope these steps will help you to remove MIUI system ads. If not, you can leave comments below and we and our readers will try to help you.