Rooting is the process of allowing users of the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. As Android is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device gives similar access to administrative (super-user) permissions as on Linux or any other Unix-like operating system such as FreeBSD or macOS.
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro was officially announced on March 04, 2021. The smartphone sports the Qualcomm SM7150 Snapdragon 732G octa-core processor while integrates the Adreno 618 GPU. It comes with an IP53 dust and splash protection.
On the other hand, the device comes with a 6.67-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. The display resolution is 1080 x 2400 pixels and the pixel density is 395ppi.
- rooting may void your device’s warranty.
- make a backup of your phone storage and move it to safe place like PC.
- make sure your phone has at least 50% battery, in order to prevent accidental shut down during the rooting process.
Necessary files to download
- Magisk 21.4
- No verity opt encrypt 6.1 zip
- twrp 3.5.0 Redmi Note 10 Pro by Nebrassy
- Platform tools / adb Fastboot tools
How to install twrp Recovery
- Enable developer options from settings.
Settings -> about phone -> 5-6 times tap on Software version -> done.
- Now go back to additional settings developer options and USB debugging -> Turn on -> OEM unlocking -> Turn on
PC and Setup Platform tool
- Install latest adb fastboot driver on your PC
- Download and extract platform tools on your PC, then download and extract recovery.img and vbmeta.img in the platform tool folder
- Move Magisk 21.4 to both the Platform tools folder and your phone
To connect to fastboot you need to turn off your phone, then press the power and volume down key. Once you see the logo, connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
To unlock the bootloader you have to use the official unlock method. Just connect your phone to the Mi account from developer options / unlock status / and then unlock it by using Mi unlock tool.
Flash twrp recovery
- From Platform tool folder open the command window. To do that just go to the Platform tool folder, then in the address bar type “cmd” and press enter.
- Send this code: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Disable boot verification – AVB / Fix bootloop
- Send this code: fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot format user data
- then reboot to twrp recovery by sending this code: fastboot reboot recovery
Also read: Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Stock Wallpapers
How to Root Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Finally, it’s time to reboot your phone.
- Download and move Magisk 21.4 to device storage.
- Reboot phone to twrp recovery by pressing volume up and power button.
- From twrp make an Android backup.
- Wipe userdata.
- Flash Magisk 21.4 via Install.
- Reboot system now.