Xiaomi phones made for the Chinese market are actually cheaper than those made for the global market. Moreover, they go on sale way sooner. So, this means that users outside China can often purchase Xiaomi’s Chinese models. Even if the Chinese-language interface is not an obstacle for you, most of the users from the West are accustomed to such things as Google Play and Google Services. When speaking about Chinese ROMs, it is worth mentioning that Google Play and Google Services are not pre-installed on Xiaomi phones running Chinese MIUI ROMs. So, sometimes there is a need to convert Chinese Xiaomi Mi 11 and install Google Play and Services.
In this situation, you have three possible ways
- Purchase a Global model.
- Install a Global ROM.
- Install Google Services and customize your Chinese ROM.
In this article, we will provide you with a tutorial for the third option. It will cover the important areas of conversion of your Xiaomi Mi 11 from the Chinese ROM to xiaomi.eu ROM.
At first, all you need to do is to be sure that your Xiaomi Mi 11 is running on the latest version of the Chinese ROM. Otherwise, you have to update the latest version by heading over Settings. Once done, just follow the steps below.
Step 1: Take a backup
Please note that the conversion will erase all the data stored on your phone. Thus, having a backup is a must and is the first step for starting the conversion.
Step 2: Unlock the bootloader
The bootloader is software that is responsible for booting your device. So, you have to unlock the bootloader via Mi Unlock Tool, in order to be able to install xiaomi.eu ROM on your device.
Step 3: Download the xiaomi.eu ROM
The next step is to download the xiaomi.eu ROM with the help of Xiaomi.EU Community. If you are a Windows OS user, you may need to unblock the ZIP file as well. Here is the way to do so.
- After downloading the ROM ZIP file, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Head over the General tab and scroll to the bottom. Check the Unblock option next to Security.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file.
Step 4: Boot your Xiaomi Mi 11 to Fastboot mode
It is to help the Fastboot script execute the desired command onto your device.
- Start off by installing the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC and enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Then connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Now head over to the platform tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter.
- Once the Command Bar appears, type “adb reboot bootloader” in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
Read also: How To Install Google Camera On Xiaomi Mi 11 Series Phones | Gcam APK
Step 5: Convert the Chinese ROM via xiaomi.eu ROM on Xiaomi Mi 11
Finally, it is time for the conversion. Just install xiaomi.eu ROM onto your device. Make sure that your device is connected to your PC via USB and is booted to Fastboot mode. Then head over to the extracted ROM ZIP file and run the fastboot script corresponding to your OS. Please note that you will have to run the file as an administrator.
- For Windows OS: ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
- Linux: ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
- macOS: ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
Once the ROM flashing is complete, your device will boot to the OS in up to 15 minutes. After the steps, you can easily install Google Play Store and Services on your Xiaomi Mi 11.