Listening to music, playing games, watching movies, taking photos, browsing social media, and more — we can do it all on our smartphones. One aspect that unfortunately hasn’t kept up is the battery. The battery is the most important part of the smartphone – without a battery you cannot be able to operate the smartphone. Batteries are getting bigger, the software is more optimized, and charging is faster, but a phone lasting a day is still considered impressive. If you’ve been experiencing battery drain issues on your Xiaomi phone, look no further. We’ve rounded up some tips and tricks on how to fix Xiaomi battery drain problems.
- How To Solve Battery Drainage Issue On Xiaomi Phones?
- Battery Drain Fix
- Check GPS and Location Settings
How To Solve Battery Drainage Issue On Xiaomi Phones?
So, there also are some apps which after downloading drain your smartphone battery. The apps which are draining the battery should be removed from your phone. To solve the battery issue just follow the simple methods.
- Go to setting menu in the smartphone.
- Click on the battery option you will see the apps and how much it is consumed.
- Now check the apps that are taking away the battery and remove the app from the phone. Then Force stops the apps and starts from the new.
- To Force stop the app, go to setting menu.
- Click on application.
- Click on the app which is to be Force stop and uninstall it.
- Choose the Force stop or uninstall option to remove the app.
If the above method is not working, then you can try the safe mode method to check which app is draining the battery of the smartphone. Follow the steps to process the device in safe mode.
- Hold the power button and turn off the smartphone.
- The option appears on the screen which will ask you to enables Safe Mode.
- Tap on the Ok button to confirm.
- The safe mode appears on the bottom of the screen.
- Check the phone while it’s on safe mode for at two days.
- Analyze that the smartphone is working good in the safe mode.
- Now delete the app which is causing battery drainage.
- After uninstalling the app, restart the smartphone.
Apps That Can Cause Xiaomi Battery Drain
It’s great that there’s an app for literally everything, but some aren’t particularly kind to your phone’s battery life. In a few cases, certain apps could be causing unnecessary battery drain without you even knowing about it.
How to Check App Battery Usage
To check which app is using the most battery, go to Settings Battery Battery Usage. Keep in mind that the steps may vary and depends on your phone’s software.
If you use an app for a long period of time, that app will likely show up at the top of your battery usage list. However, try to spot any anomalous behavior, especially in apps that you haven’t actively used in a while. Some apps run in the background without you even knowing it, causing unnecessary Xiaomi phone battery drain.
Also be sure to check your screen brightness. Your screen is one of the most resource intensive parts of your phone, so leaving the brightness on full blast can definitely result in poor battery life.
Some apps start to cause surprising battery drain after an update. The only option is to wait for the developer to fix the issue. If the battery loss is significant enough to be a problem, your best bet is to uninstall the app until a fix is available.
Battery Drain Overnight
There are many Xiaomi smartphones that after getting fully charged, drain overnight. There are two ways you can solve the battery issue, first is the battery saving mode that allows the user to combine the smartphone to save the battery usage. Though it turns off some connectivity features and some third-party app. So most users don’t go through this step but it is the safest method.
- First, you have to change the setting on the device.
- Tap on the battery screen option.
- On the battery screen, click on the menu button.
- Click on “Battery saver.”
- Now go to battery saver screen to manually allow Battery Saver mode.
- Turn on the Battery Saver mode.
- If you want to turn off Battery Saver mode, scroll your notification shade and click “Turn Off Battery Saver”.
The second method is clearing the cache of the smartphone that will remove all the cache stored in the device’s files and folders.
- Hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
- Now hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until the company’s logo appears.
- After the logo appears on the screen now leave both the buttons.
- Then in the recovery mode, you will get many options.
- Select the ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
- You can go from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
Battery Drain Fix
If your smartphone is draining much battery then your battery is, it should be fixed. If you will not fix the issue then you will not be able to operate the smartphone. The method to fix the smartphone is factory reset. This method is a solution for removing bugs, files, and other unwanted data from your smartphone. After purchasing the smartphone, if you have changed your setting then you need a factory reset. Follow the method and steps to factory reset the smartphone.
- Go to the Home screen and Settings menu.
- Tap on the ‘General’ tab.
- Click on the Restart & reset option.
- Chose the Factory data reset option.
- Now confirm the passcode if you are asked.
- Tap on the Reset phone > Delete all > Reset.
Check GPS and Location Settings
If you’ve ever used a navigation app, you’ll know that the GPS can cause the battery to drain really quickly. However, some apps also use location services when active or even when running in the background.
How To Control Location Settings
Completely disabling location services isn’t always feasible, but is ideal if you want to extend battery life.
If you aren’t using the phone for navigation, you can switch the location setting to Device Only. With the high accuracy modes, the phone utilizes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to accurately pinpoint your location. However, this causes extra strain on your battery and isn’t really necessary that often.
Go to Settings Security & location Location and switch the mode to Device Only. On Android Pie phones, you will have to go to Settings Security & location Advanced Scanning and disable Wi-Fi Scanning and Bluetooth Scanning. Again, these aren’t the most convenient settings to switch off, but they can drastically help prevent battery drain.
You should also check and make sure that apps aren’t using location services without needing it. You can check which have location access by going to Settings Apps & notifications App permissions Location. Disable access to infrequently used apps that don’t need location services all the time.
Adjust Display Settings
A bright, vibrant display is always great to look at, but it’s certainly not great for battery life. There are a few changes you can make to help you get the most battery out of your smartphone.
Almost every phone has an Auto-Brightness feature that makes adjustments to the display brightness by taking ambient light into consideration. To stop battery drain, the best option is to turn off this setting and manually set the display brightness to a relatively low level. The only time you’ll need to bump up the brightness is outdoors during the day to help with visibility.
To do so, go to Settings Display Adaptive (or auto) brightness and turn it off. In the display settings, you will also find a Brightness setting that you can adjust. Better yet, a brightness slider should be available in the notification dropdown as a part of the Quick Settings menu.
If you have a phone with an AMOLED display, you can also boost your battery life by switching to a Dark Mode at an app or system level, if available. Many Google and third-party apps come with the feature already. Even if Dark Mode isn’t available, simply using dark wallpapers with lots of deep blacks can make a small difference.
You can also reduce the Sleep timeout setting. This ensures that the display doesn’t stay on for too long after inactivity. The shortest duration available is 15 seconds. Go to Settings Display Advanced Sleep. If smartphones let you change the screen resolution. Go to Settings Display Change screen resolution and select Full HD or HD.
Features and Settings That Cause Unnecessary Battery Drain
Live wallpapers are great, but can reduce battery life. Regular wallpapers are definitely the more battery-friendly choice. And if your phone has an AMOLED display, dark wallpapers with lots of blacks is even better.
The same holds true for widgets. They are useful, convenient, and puts everything you need front and center. Keeping only essential widgets, or ideally, none at all, will help extend your battery life a bit.
Turn off settings like NFC, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi when not in use. In newer phones, you may also have a feature called Automatic Wi-Fi that can be disabled. You can find these in the Quick settings menu in the notification dropdown.
A poor network connection can also cause your battery to drain really quickly. Unless you absolutely have to be connected to a mobile network, switching Airplane mode on can help boost battery life significantly.
You can also try turning off vibration and reducing the volume of ringtones and alerts to squeeze as much life out of the battery as possible.
Hopefully, you should have solved the battery drain issue on your Xiaomi phone. It’s time to check some tips and tricks about How to Make Xiaomi Smartphones Faster and some Android Games To Play On Xiaomi Phones. If you need any help, please, don’t hesitate and drop your issue in the comment section, we will be happy to help you.